Did you know that implementing an ERP such as the SAP Business One module can help companies manage their main areas with more significant data clarity when making decisions?
Yes, these platforms help entrepreneurs organize finances and production processes. Therefore, in this article, we talk about the advantages of using an ERP in your business and how the help of one to manage your day-to-day life can even bring productivity gains. Follow along!
What Is An ERP?
ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning; that is, it is a company management system. These tools were created to better organize the fundamental information of each business, such as the amount of sales of each product, the purchase of resources necessary for production, monitoring of finances, etc.
Furthermore, by concentrating all the company’s primary information, the objective of ERP is to facilitate the crossing of data from different sectors so that decision-making becomes more assertive and, consequently, increases the company’s productivity.
Advantages Of Using An ERP
There are several advantages to adopting an ERP in your company’s day-to-day operations. Below, you will find a brief list of some of the main ones.
- They are issuing notes, controlling accounts payable, and monitoring receivables on the same platform for better cash flow management.
- Tracking orders, from sales to invoicing
- Tracking inventory needs
- Standardization of company processes and unification of data extraction sources
- Real-time monitoring of your company’s productivity
- Integration of the flow of information between company sectors on a single platform
- The concentration of information tends to increase team productivity and reduce company costs.
- Greater ease of monitoring the achievement of goals and sector performance
- Therefore, all these factors make your company more integrated, the process of obtaining information more agile, and the analysis of leadership for decision-making more complete. In other words, the gains are notable.
4 Steps To Implementing SAP Business One ERP
In just four steps, you can change the way your entire team works. See how entrepreneurs can switch from current processes to SAP Business One module or the ERP they choose in a simplified and agile way.
Identify ERP Objectives
Firstly, implementing an ERP is, as we have seen, a measure that aims to increase productivity and improve some company processes. However, to do this, it is necessary to identify which points are lacking, to ensure that the full potential of this management system is used, and to measure improvements.
- Excel spreadsheets can no longer organize complex data.
- Do you need help managing business finances with expenses coming from different teams?
- Is manually entering data into spreadsheets causing a lot of errors?
- Does the sales or marketing sector need help cross-checking data about the business in the current organization?
Several questions of this type can be asked to companies to find out what improvements should be felt when using an ERP.
Evaluate The Product Options On The Market
Secondly, it’s time to find the solution to make everyday life easier in your company. Compare the options on the market to define which tool stands out for your company’s administration needs.
Furthermore, also think about the future! Primarily, considering business growth or increased production, also try to imagine which tool could cover future needs for your management.
This system was designed for small and medium-sized entrepreneurs to manage financial sales and organize data to learn how to strengthen relationships with customers, all in a scalable way. All of this is on an easy-to-use and customizable platform.
Plan The Tool Installation Process And Begin Data Migration
However, although SAP Business One modules or any other ERP are adopted to make day-to-day life easier in the company, completely changing how your teams work can be a big challenge.
Therefore, start by designing which sector of the company should be the first to manage its work through ERP, talk to the team to define how it will organize data within the tool, and offer training on how to use the tool before starting to use it. , right?
After that, also define the deadline for installing this team in the system and who will inspect to ensure that the information was implemented correctly.
Validate Before Moving Forward
Has all the information been installed on the system? Okay, so wait a few days or weeks to make sure the process you chose worked.
Above all, carry out a second round of inspection to note what was successful and collect lessons from what didn’t work in case it is necessary to review the plan before the next team also organizes data on the platform.
Did everything go well? So, at this point, companies must plan which sectors will adopt this technology next and at what pace, in addition to presenting this schedule to those involved.