Sales management is the process of planning, training, organizing, supervising, and coordinating a company’s sales team.
Whether you are selling a product or a service, those responsible for sales are in charge of defining the team’s objectives, planning and controlling the entire sales process, and closing the deal.
However, to optimize this entire process, the solution is commercial management software, which aims to structure and organize in an automated way everything that involves a company’s purchase and sales services.
It is worth noting that it is somewhat complicated to have the purchase history of each customer at hand. So, keep reading and understand more about your company’s sales management software features!
Why Is Sales Management Critical?
A company’s growth depends on its ability to sell its products or services, which explains why sales management must be part of any organization.
An ERP for small businesses is an indispensable tool. However, management focused explicitly on sales can make a real difference.
Bearing that a company’s sales sector encompasses several specific actions, such as determining prices, placing orders, issuing invoices, and monitoring stocks, the software was designed to simplify this entire process.
This allows a company to build and maintain good customer relationships. For example, CRM has become a key element in the marketing strategy of many companies, as all data is digitized and centralized in one place.
In this sense, it is a system that guarantees better time management and greater control of all processes. If your company has implemented a financial ERP, it can streamline financial management.
What Is Sales Management Software Used For?
In the same way, an ERP for invoices is essential for a company, as it speeds up the issuance of all invoices, and so is sales management software.
As the name suggests, it is a tool that helps companies manage their sales and purchases. It has several functionalities, such as inventory control of products or services, inventory management, and the creation of customer and supplier records.
Therefore, sales management meets the needs of the company:
- Issuing orders and notes in just a few clicks. The centralization of data in a single location considerably facilitates the financial management of the company;
- Organize a customer’s purchase history;
- Limit the risk of human error; for example, when an invoice is filled in manually, no company is free from human error;
- Allows the company to act more quickly in case of forgetting to send a note;
- Streamline sales processes; since all customer data is already digitized and saved, insert it in the note fields;
- Allowing the company to transfer sales data to an accounting sped leads to a considerable gain in time. This is because purchase or payment invoices are recorded automatically;
- Have a complete and accurate view of the company’s commercial activity, as well as the turnover;
- Help in making strategic decisions.
In addition, sales management software offers a clear, real-time view of stock inflows and outflows.
Consequently, an integrated and automated system allows companies to have a real advantage in the market, regardless of their size or sector of activity.
In business, time is money, and that’s precisely what you’ll gain with this tool, as it will centralize your data.
If you are implementing the system in your company, the recommendation is to have specialized professionals provide all the support, such as a Protheus consultancy.
In this way, in addition to offering training to its employees, they provide all the guidelines, from the moment of implementation to all necessary technical assistance.
How To Choose Sales Management Software?
In the market, you can find several sales management solutions. However, choosing the one that meets your company’s needs is essential.
Here are some criteria to help with this choice:
- Determine and list your company’s needs, as well as those of vendors;
- Define the desired features. For example, if your company does not have an ERP for invoices, the software must have this feature;
- Favor an ergonomic, intuitive tool that guarantees the security of your data.
Although you can even find free software on the internet, keep in mind that they are unreliable.
Therefore, looking for a company that provides a system with good performance and better meets your company’s needs is essential.